Exercises for sensing and healing with chakras
Notes By Diane O’Connell (Balen)
These Exercises are helping you develop skills and should be carried out with a partner who understands about chakras and how to ground centre and balance their own energy centres.
1. Sensing your own chakras
This is a self-healing exercise to become aware of your own chakras and to be aware of which ones are out of balance and sending a healing thought of balance to each one.
1. To start the exercises deepen the breathing, Relax, Ground and Centre.
2. Bring your awareness to your Base Chakra and ask yourself whether it is out of balance or not. If it is out of balance you might have an insight as to the problem or difficulty
3. Send a thought of healing and balance to the base chakra
4. Then bring your awareness to your Sacral Chakra and ask yourself if it is out of balance or not. If it is out of balance you might have an insight as to the problem or difficulty.
5. Send a thought of healing and balance to the sacral chakra.
6. Continue doing the exercise up through the Chakric system bringing your awareness to each chakra, checking its balance and sending it a healing thought for balance.
7. When you have finished at the Crown Chakra get a sense of a column of white light through all your chakras from the earth right through to the Higher Self- this will make sure the whole system is in alignment.
8. To bring the exercise to a close deepen the breathing, ground and centre.
2. Chakra exercises with your partner
Working in two’s: One person sitting on a chair and the other standing in a position where they can sense, with their hands, the chakras of the other front and back.
1. The person sitting in the chair – just relax
2. The person who is being the Healer start by deepening the breathing, relax, centre and ground.
3. Approach the person very gently by placing your hands above the crown chakra and sense the energy, don’t hold the position for too long. You may wish to sense the energy of the chakra close to the body and then further out.
4. Bring this to a close and move down to the third eye chakra and do the same sensing again, bring that to a close and move down to the throat chakra and work down until you finish at the base chakra.
5. When you have finished sensing all the chakras imagine a column of light going from the ground up through the chakras up to the Higher Self which will bring the chakras into alignment.
6. Bring the exercise to a close by stepping away from your partner deepening your breathing centring and grounding.
7. Place your hand on your partners shoulder letting them know that you have finished and ask them to deepen their breathing, centre and ground
3. Healing exercise focusing on the chakras with your partner.
1. Prepare yourself by deepening the breathing, relaxing your body, centring and grounding.
2. Prepare the client by asking them to deepen their breathing and feeling their body relax. Ask them to think of a place that they know or can create in their imagination which is peaceful and beautiful and for them to take in the peace and the beauty.
3. Tune into your own Higher Self and the Higher Self of the partner and in your imagination say to the Higher Self of the partner that this healing is an offering – Thy Will not Mine
4. Tune into the Healing Energy and feel that you are drawing it down through your to your heart and out through your arms and hands to the partner.
5. Send the healing energy very gently to the crown chakra of the person with the healing intent of balance. Hold the intent for a short time then bring it to a close and move down to the Third Eye chakra again hold the healing intent for balance and move down to the Throat.
6. Continue in this way until you reach the base chakra and then imagine a column of light from the earth through the chakras to the Higher Self which will bring the chakras into alignment.
7. Bring the exercise to a close by imagining the aura of the partner being strongly around them and get a sense that they are grounded, centred and in balance.
8. Step away from the partner and allow the healing energy to return from where it came. Making sure that your energies are separate
9. Then bring your awareness to yourself deepening your breathing, grounding and centring yourself.
Put your hand gently on the shoulder of the partner and ask them to let the image of the place gently fade from their minds eye and to become aware of themselves once more.