Home continuation work
October 2012 to February 2013
For daily practice
1. Healing wazifa practice For the first two months: YA NUR – YA MUNAWWIR For the second two months: YA NUR – YA ALIM This may sometimes be done as a Qasab practice, inhale left thinking NUR, and exhaling thinking ALIM.
2. Chakra attunement Continue working with each chakra, from Solar Plexus to Crown Centre: one chakra per month. The guidelines will be sent out to you each month.
For regular practice
3. Make a healing meditation Using the meditation practised in this session (Saturday morning), make a healing meditation praying for at least 3 people (to a maximum of 10) at least once every two weeks. If you have your own form of healing meditation, you may use that instead. Conductors may use the SHO Healing Service, doing this in a group or alone at least once per week, and SHO members who attend a Healing Service at least once per week may count that instead.
4. Full healing practice Give a full healing treatment to at least 2 people, giving each of these 2 people at least 3 sessions of healing. You may follow the protocol used in this session, but if you are already healing, you may follow the method you already use. Write up each session, briefly or at greater length, identifying the pattern and qualities that you experienced in the energy fields and chakras, at what level and where you worked, and what you experienced while giving the healing; also any feedback given voluntarily by the patient. These notes might be half to a full page, or longer if you wish. Please give this to your mentor by 1st February 2013.
For optional continuing practice (when possible)
• Healer Qasab
• Breath of Five-Pointed Star
• Directing breath to a point on the wall
• Five Aspects of Breath
• Breath of Five Magnetisms
For continuous practice
• Five Element Breath: sensing the presence of the elements in the whole of life, keeping oneself in balance, experiencing their nature for transmutation and healing, working with clients.
To send to your mentor We invite you to write (prose or poetry) or paint or draw a response to this question:
What is your experience of chakras and/or lataif in healing? Sense the unfoldment of your relation to the centres. If you are writing prose, please write between one and two pages. Please email or send your work to your mentor by 1st February 2013. This is not an exam and you will not be ‘marked’ on it. It is to help you to explore this very important issue deeply. We recognize that your experience of it is living and probably constantly changing and acknowledge that what you write or paint will be true just for that time of writing/painting. We thank you for doing this.
Keep a healing journal Keep a notebook specially dedicated to your experiences of all aspects of healing: how you become more aware of healing yourself; noting experiences with your healing practices; healing you receive; healing you give; any item about healing that touches you on the radio, TV, book, newspaper, course or conversation. Try to write in it at least once a week, as short or as long as you wish. This is for your private record, not required for showing as course work.